As one of the most prestigious and globally- recognised equestrian events, Longines Masters of Hong Kong takes place at AsiaWorld-Expo from 14 – 16 February 2020. The Longines Masters Series kicks off Season Five of international competition in Hong Kong, solidifying the city’s reputationas the Asian hub for all things equine. In a joint long-term effort to nurture equestrian sport across the region, Longines, the Title partner of the Longines Masters, also the official timekeeper and official watch for the Longines Masters of Hong Kong, together with the Founding Partner - the Hong Kong Jockey Club, and partners with DBS Bank, Hong Kong Equestrian Federation, the Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong Tourism Board and Etihad Cargo have consistently shown their support for Longines Masters of Hong Kong, making it one of the most distinguished events on the equestrian calendar.
In addition to the best of lifestyle, gastronomy and entertainment, the three-day event showcases elite riders and show jumpers in world-class competitions while investing in and supporting up-and-coming riders and the industry as a whole across the region. Running in tandem, Asia Horse Week will bring together leading lights of the equine industry to address the theme of, To Build the Olympic Dream in Asia – On the Road to Tokyo 2020, as excitement builds internationally for the upcoming Summer Games.
Best in class compete head-to-head, showcasing equestrian excellence at its finest.
With competitive events for both elite and Asian junior athletes, Longines Masters of Hong Kong is an awe-inspiring test of speed, strategy, show jumping skill and grace, as well as an examination of the chemistry between riders and their horses. The competition segments are power-packed with incredible athletic prowess, meticulous technicality and elegant finesse that amount to a total prize money of USD648,700, without counting the Grand Slam bonuses. Every competition compels horses and their riders to reach new heights and the unequivocal standard of excellence, including:
- Longines Grand Prix of Hong Kong: A classic show jumping event with Olympic heights of 1.60m that results in a spectacular preview of the calibre of talent to expect at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. As an extra incentive to the USD400,000 prize money, a Super Grand Slam Bonus of €2,250,000 rewards a victory in each round of the Series in the same season, and a €1,000,000 additionalbonus for three successive victories at the Longines Grand Prix straddling two Longines Masters seasons.
- Longines Speed Challenge: The fastest event on the circuit is a test of speed and strategy, with a creatively designed course made for top riders to race against the clock in impeccable style for the USD100,000 prize.
- Hong Kong International Airport Masters Power: With four vertical obstacles set two strides away, this exhilarating event challenges riders to defy gravity in a high jump competition, and the opportunity to win USD20,000. This year, the highest hurdle in the competition track will be set to 2.05 metres – the world record was 2.47m recorded back in 1949.
- The HKJC Trophy & HKJC Asian Challenge: This Master One competition invites 5-star riders as well as Asian riders to compete in the same event. The Hong Kong Jockey Club Asian Challenge awards the top 3 performing Asian riders with an additional HKD 250,000.
- DBS Trophy: The mark of the penultimate competition at Longines Masters of Hong Kong, the fastest among eight riders will be awarded the prize money of USD35,700.
- The Hong Kong Jockey Club Asian Junior Grand Prix: The competition for ten pre-selected young Asian riders with Hong Kong horses participating for the first time to push their limits of equine excellence. Fans are encouraged to cheer on these hopeful, young showjumpers from across the region.
The Hong Kong debut of the Asian Arabian Horse Show
This year at AsiaWorld-Expo, Hong Kong will have the chance to admire the most beautiful purebred Arabian Horses. Valued for its speed, stamina and intelligence, participating horses compete in female and male categories in two groups respectively: Female Junior and Female Senior, Male Junior and Male Senior. Guests can follow along the judges who will assess the horses based on type, head and neck, body and top line, legs, and movement. The one-of-a-kind pageant showcases the majestic glamour of Arabian horses and how they exude nobility, courage and energy.
Immersive and interactive family activities at the Prestige Village
The Prestige Village is set to feature a wealth of family and lifestyle experiences for all interests and ages with more than 40 pop-up stores, family-friendly activities, workshops, virtual reality horse riding experiences, live bands, gourmet delicacies and shopping. Of the many family activities, the Hobby Horse competition stands out as it embodies the sport in a unique way, simulating real-life horse riding elements occurring over the three-days. Children can partake and immerse in what it truly means to ride, with mini obstacles placed around the track testing them on jumps, speed and agility.
Asia Horse Week: The one-stop influential exchange platform for equine industry leaders
An undeniably passionate and widespread community, Asia Horse Week serves as an opportunity to gather equestrians, horse owners and leaders all under one roof. The must-attend forum will have three main pillars: The Road to Olympic Dreams in Asia,Technological Development in Equine Care and The History and Development of the Arabian Horse. Specific speakers include: Dr. Christopher M Riggs, Head of Mainland Veterinary Operations of the Hong Kong Jockey Club; Mr. Ingmar Devos, President of Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) and Member of the International Olympic Committee; Dr. David Van Doorn from the European Equine Health and Nutrition Association and Mrs. Michelle Wang, Founder and CEO of Equuleus International Riding Club.
Book now: An unforgettable three-day extravaganza awaits you
For a limited time until 4 January 2020, guests who buy four Grandstand tickets will receive a complementary bottle of Champagne Barons de Rothschild. With something for everyone from show jumping to family activities to conference panels, Longines Masters of Hong Kong is set to be the best instalment yet. Tickets for Longines Masters of Hong Kong are now available starting at HKD230 for both completion and Prestige Village access, and registration for Asia Horse Week is now open with packages starting at HKD2,600.